Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A new KEW & A Feature - Quotable KEW!


I have started a book to document all of the crazy/cute/funny/memorable/adorable/scary things that KEW says... so I am going to start sharing them.

This week, I am going to start with what can appropriately be called "Single Ladies".

This past weekend I pulled a few music video clips up on You Tube. The first was by Willow Smith, Will and Jada's daughter. I had just read a review of her song and video... so wanted to check it out. Not a bad little video or song... but it freaks the crap out of me that she is only NINE!

I also pulled up Beyonce's "Single Ladies". The review of Willow's video made a reference to the dance style in SL... so it made me want to see the video again as I haven't seen it in ages. KEW loved it... we had to play it over a few times as she was grooving to the tunes.

Cut to a few hours later while we are grocery shopping at Thrifty's. Sure enough... what song is playing? But of course - "Single Ladies". KEW noticed right away and made reference to the song. Then, as we are cruising through the veggie section, KEW asks "Mommy, why does she want a ring on it?"

Why indeed my child.... why indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment