Sunday, October 4, 2009

Man, I Feel Like a Woman!

Sometimes the simplest things can make you feel sooooooo good! I’ll be honest, it’s been a while since I’ve shaved my legs… probably a good two or three weeks. Maybe it’s the busy single mom… or maybe just a busy mom (probably the latter as I’m sure Moms all over have this same challenge)… but these little details easily get bumped to the bottom of the to do list. I’m probably a little lucky as a single mom in that I don’t have a partner who is whining about my unshaven legs… but I’m not here to weigh in on the pros and cons of being a single mom. So, as much as I have wanted a nice hot relaxing bath over the last week or so, my schedule and my exhaustion and my cold had my cozy bed win out over the bath. But not so last night – I finally made some time for myself – woo hoo! A bit of a soak, legs shaved and underarms too and wham-oh, I’m feeling better!

The other thing that helps a gal feel pretty good is a compliment. Well I was the lucky lady to receive two out of the blue over the last two weeks. Yes I did complain about the first – it felt kinda creepy coming from someone as old as my grandfather. The second came when I was at the low stage of the cold and feeling pretty crappy… so I struggled to believe it. But in the end, when someone tells you that you “look beautiful today” or are “really looking great lately” it does eventually sink in, and does make you feel kinda good… even though it wasn’t from a hot single guy that I could crush on!

No comments:

Post a Comment