Monday, September 7, 2009

Extra Strength Advil Kinda Day…


For once in a long while, I’m not tired - yeah! However, I have just started my period and boy oh boy, I got me some whomper menstrual cramps! I’m sure any man reading this has just run from the computer in fear - but sorry, like farting, it is a natural body function! My current Advil calm is starting to wear off… so I’m feeling kinda uncomfortable and in the mood for a rant. I want to put something out there that has bothered me for years… and I really don’t know where else to go with it.

So we have all these taxes in life that we have to pay, and the government has deemed themselves kind enough not to tax food as it is considered an ‘essential’. So why exactly do essentials stop at food – are there not other things out there that really are essentials? And no, I’m not looking for a deal on some great shoes – I’m talking feminine hygiene products. I’m sure these things are taxed because some man out there is the one who determines what is taxed and what isn’t… but if those things aren’t essential, I really don’t know what is! Gone are the Clan of the Cave Bear days when we can turn animal furs in to our monthly friend – tampons and pads (or other such products) are a necessity to every woman at some stage of life. It’s bad enough that we have to pay so much for them as it is… but to also have to give some extra to the government while making such purchases…GRRRRR!

No comments:

Post a Comment