Monday, December 21, 2009

Ho Ho Ho!


I’m SOOOOO happy to be off of work right now! Lucky for me that daycare closed on Friday and I need to take this week off of work as I’m without childcare (dang). With all of the rushing around and so much to do and so much excitement, I actually need these few extra days to get things finished and get organized! And to sleep – no really – KEW and I are BOTH tired! With all of the crazy energy at daycare and all of the running around, neither of us has been getting great sleep… or even rest. The last two nights she has taken a bit to settle down, but has then slept like a log and even slept in! Yes, when you are normally awake anywhere from 5am to 6am, waking up after 7am can officially be called sleeping in!

We went to visit Santa in the mall today… which was making Mama nervous. No, I don’t want to force my child to go and sit on the lap of a stranger… but I look back on many a photo from my own Christmas’ past and see my own growth at those milestone events. So of course I want the same for KEW. Last year wasn’t so pretty… much screaming was to be had. This year we have been building our way up to a visit with lots of references to the man in red and even an e-mail from him! The RRU Christmas party was not such a great experience with the Ho Ho guy… so I wasn’t optimistic. Then there was the line in the mall today… lines aren’t good. No, really, 2 year olds do not do well in lines. Lucky for us we had a wonderful 5 year old (another beautiful young ginger) in the line in front of us who became fond of “The Piya”, so we had some entertainment to help get us through. Then the girl in front of us had her turn as we waited on the sidelines… and all became silent. Oh oh… was this going to go bad? Our turn was next. Out of the stroller… Jerome in hand… and yippity do – right on over to Santa! She jumped up on his knee and had a little chat. There weren’t a lot of big grins… but there wasn’t fear either. Pictures you ask? Yes, there are pictures! I ordered them and paid for them… but the catch with Mayfair is that you have to go back the next day and get them. Oy… it’s going to be a long week!

No comments:

Post a Comment